I try five week experiments to get more creative juice into my life.
This is the beginning of my meditation experiment.
Let’s see where this takes us.
I’ll be meditating for at least 20 minutes a day and will give you an update once a week. This is the first post of the series.
Why I’m experimenting with meditation:
- It makes you less self-conscious by dialling down the frontal lobe of your brain, which means you’re going to take more creative risks
- Dude, relaxation!
- I’m sick of reading about all the benefits.
- More compassion
- Helps with distancing yourself from emotions and making new ideas
- Being more present means that you’ll live more by being more aware of every moment.
- An alarm to wake up earlier
- Yogaglo: It has heaps of guided meditations. Once I get a feel for how it goes, I can move to self-guided.
- A simple meditation app. I’m trying out a couple, will let you know my preference.